LVI is one of the leading Energy and Infrastructure recruitment firm. We offer a bespoke service to our clients that allows us to utilize industry gossip to maximize our reach for both candidates and our current and future clients. Within the renewable energy space, we have upwards of 50 clients which we can introduce our candidates to!
- Manage M&A processes for renewable energy development process by managing pre-marketing (creation of teasers, CIMs, financial models) and marketing activities (investor outreach, Q&A and diligence facilitation), and assisting in negotiation of term sheets and transaction documents leading up to closing
- Oversee or assist in the creation of project financial models for use in M&A and other commercial processes, including offtake origination, corporate development transactions, and more
- Assist in responding to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) by developing pricing models for revenue contracts (including Power Purchase Agreements, hedges, Energy Storage Agreements)
- Develop and maintain relationships with counterparties and advisors including: buyers of projects, financial, legal, and other advisors, lenders or other project finance investors
- Monitor trends in the power, utilities, and energy storage sectors and capital markets to alert development and analytical teams of new opportunities or changes to internal strategy
- Work with the head of M&A in the creation and maintenance of regular M&A updates and reports to provide to Hecate Energy management and Board of Directors
- Perform ad hoc reports and analyses for corporate finance, project asset management, and project development teams to assess project and/or company-level financial performance and contractual compliance
Required Skills and Experience
- Strong financial modeling skills in Excel or similar. Candidates may be asked to perform a (simple) modeling test
- Experience or familiarity in developing M&A marketing materials in PowerPoint or Word, including teasers, CIMs, investment theses, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for both internal and external parties. This is a "front-office" role which will interface heavily with counterparties
- 4-7 years of experience in finance and M&A, with a preference for candidates with experience in energy, power, utilities, and/or infrastructure development and project finance.
- Understanding of wholesale power markets and power generation preferred, but not required
- Knowledge or experience with power plant development preferred, but not required
- Bachelor's degree or greater in Accounting/Finance/Business or related field
- Self-awareness of one's quirks and appreciation for those of teammates
Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Excellent health insurance, 100% of premiums covered by employer
- 401k plan to be implemented in Q4 2022
- Highly flexible PTO and sick leave policy
- Hybrid working arrangements (combination of in-office (Chicago) and work-from-wherever)
- Biannual company retreats, fully stocked pantries, in-office music performance space