We are seeking a qualified project manager to plan and manage projects for our Water Resources Client Service Group. Projects may include water treatment plants, water distribution systems, booster pump stations, elevated and ground level water storage facilities, wastewater treatment plants, collection systems, pump stations, rate studies, stormwater modelling, stormwater management, storm sewer systems and culverts. This position will provide both technical and client management project leadership.
As a Project Manager you will:
- Supervise associates directly or indirectly, provide ongoing direction specific to project tasks, budgets, schedules and deliverables.
- Review, mentor, develop and manage associate's performance of project goals and company expectations.
- Manage all activities for assigned projects -including scheduling work, project budgets, directing associates and sub consultant activities, establishing and monitoring quality requirements, ensuring client satisfaction, and promoting integration across all areas of work.
- Report project budget variances to Director, along with a plan to bring project back into compliance.
- Communicate regularly with clients on project status.
- Ensure project communication between team members and clients.
- Maintain ongoing communication with clients, regulatory agencies and other outside groups.
- Make formal presentations to clients, stakeholders, the public and regulatory agencies.
- Prepare proposals/ contracts, and determine project requirements, budget, deliverables and scope based upon client dialogue and project understanding.
- Identify potential funding sources.
- Identify project risks and monitor/mitigate risk throughout the project life cycle.
- Support and implement associate programs that foster a positive work environment and help develop each associate to their fullest potential.
- Demonstrate a passion for client service and relationship building with clients, subcontractors, regulatory agencies, and teams within our organization.
- Build client relationships through project delivery that meets and exceeds client expectations.
- Identify future projects/opportunities, services and client needs.
- Attend networking events, trade shows and technical conferences for business development purposes.
- Adhere to the company's QA/QC Performance Standards.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Science or Engineering, or related field.
- Certifications: Professional Engineer's License for Ohio
- Experience: 8+ years
- Supervisory Experience: 2+ years
- Technical Skills: Proficiency in MS Office and computer aided design and other industry-based software is required.
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical and creative thinking.
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills in a team-oriented environment.
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills.
Travel is primarily local during the business day.
- Must have a valid driver's license and possess a driving record that will enable the employee to be insurable under the Company's standard vehicle insurance and general comprehensive liability insurance without additional costs to the Company.
This position will review, mentor, develop and manage staff's performance to both project's and company's goals and expectations. Management activities may include participating in interviews and hiring decisions, training new staff, and performance management.