We are accepting applications for an experienced Civil Engineer to join our growing engineering group in Atlanta, Ga area. Typical assignments will entail completion of pipeline and stormwater/civil engineering discipline related tasks associated with all facets of municipal water, wastewater, and stormwater facilities.
Specific responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Researches and develops sound technical solutions to address civil and piping associated with water, wastewater, and stormwater related facilities.
- Experience in design of water and wastewater pipe sizing and design.
- Prepares detailed design drawings and specifications.
- Reviews shop drawings and responds to questions from contractor during construction.
- Conducts on-site inspection/investigation including survey and documentation of civil/stormwater issues and solutions. Develops reports of investigative findings, repair drawings and specifications as required.
- Maintains project records and performs all other assigned duties.
- Will report to a Senior Engineer/Project Manager.
- 4 to 7 years of progressive work experience in the pipeline design and civil/stormwater engineering field associated with design & construction within the water, sewer and storm water markets.
- BS or MS in Civil Engineering or related field is required.
- Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely with written and verbal communication.
- Knowledge of Civil 3D based software is required.
- Micro-station knowledge is preferred.
- PE Registration is required or ability to obtain PE registration within 2 years of employment.
- Soil and Erosion control designer certificate or ability to obtain it.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite.
- Ability to perform duties with only general supervision with a capacity to exercise independent judgment and initiative
- Authorized to work in the United States.