Are you looking to be part of a high-performing team that is shaping the future of water throughout the Ohio region? We're looking for such an individual to join our thriving practice and help us continue growing our business, foster an inclusive and diverse working environment, and mentor and develop professionals. The Engineering Manager will focus on delivery of high-profile projects for major municipal clients in the region, including current and future advanced treatment facilities, underground conveyance, and carbon neutral solution projects delivered through design-bid-build and collaborative delivery methods.
The ideal candidate will assume leadership responsibilities such as development and execution of project scope, budget and schedule; serve as responsible charge on projects; mentor staff and identify developmental growth opportunities; develop strong relationships with clients and contractors; and support business development. The duties include development of technical memoranda, technical reports, feasibility studies, engineering design documents which include preparation of construction plans and specifications, and facilitate construction phase service activities. The Engineering Manager will typically lead and coordinate multi-discipline project teams across multiple offices. #LI-SN1
- Provide technical leadership and supervise multi-disciplinary engineering staff for the planning, design and construction oversight of water and wastewater treatment and pumping facility projects.
- Oversee implementation of expected QC/QC procedures during a project
- Support Project Manager in execution of project scope, schedule, and budget.
- Collaborate with all project engineering disciplines and drive overall project execution
- Under the direction of the project manager, interface directly with the clients on all technical aspects of the project
- Leverage professional networking skills to help identify and pursue project opportunities.
- Perform complex detailed design engineering calculations.
- Ability and motivation to technically lead complex water and wastewater treatment projects
- Attend and assist in, or lead, client, contractor, stakeholder, and regulatory agency meetings to gain a better understanding of client's goals, site assessments, and vendor/equipment supplier contacts and coordination.
- Technically mentor junior engineering staff
- Responsible for assisting with identification of key client interests and drivers on moderately complex projects and may determine the key clients in some instances
- Communicates client interests and drivers to project team members and develops approaches to accommodate these concerns in the performance of the work on moderately complex projects
- Provides support to business development or pursuit activities through writing of technical approaches, scopes of work, and presentation to clients
- Ohio PE, or an ability to obtain one with four months of employment
- Previous engineering consulting experience
- Experience producing engineering reports and design drawings, prepare technical specifications, and providing engineering services during construction phase
- Previous experience executing multi-discipline WWTP upgrades and expansion projects
- Previous experience assisting project manager maintaining project schedules and budgets
- Previous experience with WWTP master planning, design and construction
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides for WWTP projects
- Experience and ability to support proposals with technical ideas and approaches
- Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing.
- Minimum of 8 years related work experience.