We have a current opportunity for a Engineering Manager on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Columbus/Cincinnati. For further information about this position please see below and apply.
The Engineering Manager will manage and lead the delivery of challenging municipal water, wastewater, and underground conveyance projects primarily in our local market for a diverse set of established clients. Projects will leverage a mix of traditional design-bid-build and collaborative delivery methods. Future opportunities to engage in regional and/or national projects will be available, as well.
The ideal candidate will assume leadership responsibilities such as development and execution of project scope, budget and schedule, serve as responsible engineer in charge on projects; mentor staff and identify developmental growth opportunities; develop strong relationships with clients and contractors; and support business development.
- Provides guidance and direction on department design guides, standards, systems, applicable engineering codes and policies.
- Assists in developing, maintaining and updating engineering standards. Provides technical guidance to others regarding projects and disciplines.
- Independently applies knowledge and complies with our quality program relative to assigned tasks. May be responsible for ensuring compliance with our quality program. Provides related guidance and direction to others. Supports continuous improvement and change management efforts.
Project Execution Responsibilities:
- Prepares a variety of complex engineering deliverables for larger or multiple projects. Performs complex research and develops recommendations for equipment and/or materials selection. Oversees collection, assimilation, and management of data for engineering work. Prepares complex engineering calculations following standard methods and principles. Develops and Manages budget, schedule, and quality requirements across multiple disciplines for a project. Independently applies advanced engineering techniques and analysis problems and methods. Reviews lower level engineering work or assignments. Is responsible for one or more of the following: leading larger production teams; coordinating multiple discipline activity; and serving as the responsible charge for a project.
- Actively coordinates with all other internal/external team members on moderately complex projects.
- Responsible for assisting with identification of key client interests and drivers on moderately complex projects and may determine the key clients in some instances. Communicates client interests and drivers to project team members and develops approaches to accommodate these concerns in the performance of the work on moderately complex projects. May offer other services to the clients. Typically provides support to business development or pursuit activities.
- Actively manages project changes directly with the Client with supervision from the Project Manager.
- Ability to lead large multi-discipline teams and drive solutions to meet deliverables
- Ability and motivation to technically lead complex water and wastewater treatment projects
- Advanced knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards related to assigned engineering discipline
- Intermediate knowledge of other disciplines
- Advanced ability to interpret engineering deliverable content as assigned.
- Intermediate industry knowledge and technology trends
- Intermediate knowledge of company quality program
- Intermediate knowledge of construction & constructability practices & principles
- Intermediate knowledge of procurement & contract administration
- Working knowledge of process, procedures for project controls and estimating
- Intermediate knowledge of technical aspects of the proposal process
- Intermediate business & financial acumen
- Intermediate knowledge of company/division/HR programs, policies, procedures, and organization structure
- Intermediate knowledge of management techniques & administrative practices
- Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing.
- Minimum of 8 years related work experience.
- Professional Engineering License.
- All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.