Ready to take on an exciting new challenge? This company has the next step for the engineering professional with proven technical and project management expertise and a desire to take a leadership role in the municipal water, wastewater and water resources practice in the Florida region.
This role also includes hands-on project management for projects in water and wastewater engineering and design/build delivery in the region as it develops.
This position has excellent potential for career advancement. The company proudly offers an attractive salary package commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, tuition reimbursement, company health, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, as well as a 401-k plan with company matching.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or relevant field from an ABET accredited University.
- P.E. license in the state of Florida required.
- 10+ years of progressive municipal civil engineering design experience in water, wastewater and drainage.
- Recent experience working with municipalities and cities in and around the South Florida Region.
- Experience in Municipal business development.
- A self-starter, versatile and interested in working on a variety of projects supporting the Water and Wastewater Group
- Experience with water/wastewater line and facility design.
- Experience with Miami Dade County design criteria.
- Knowledge and capability with AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Business development activities aimed at procuring municipal projects from governmental agencies.
- Apply technical expertise and project management experience to manage project teams on conventional and unconventional projects.
- Perform basic project functions of production, coordination, planning, organizing directing, controlling, financial management, and marketing assistance.
- Mentor project engineer and technical professionals to assist in their technical training and development.
- Perform quality control review of completed designs and other project tasks including preliminary engineering (PER), layouts/schematics, plans and specifications, and cost estimations.
- Direct and assist with the development of project staff and sub-consultants
- Facilitate internal and client meetings, presentations and approval of plans
- Participate in community outreach tasks
- Prepare detailed proposals for engineering services.