A Top ENR Heavy Civil General Contractor is looking to bring on a Project Manager to their Southern California Water Group to assist in their extensive Water/Wastewater backlog.
Job Summary - Project Managers are responsible for project profit and loss.
Must have strong WTP/WWTP Construction experience
Responsibilities and Duties
* Review plans and request quotes from subcontractors and vendors in order to prepare bids for projects.
* Select and negotiate with Subcontractors and Vendors/suppliers in order to complete a project within a specific budget.
* Define the goals and different elements required for a project.
* Develop a construction strategy/plan.
* Follow a timeline and perform effectively within tight time scales.
* Respond to delays and problems when they occur and be prepared to make the required changes to move the project past the issue.
* Identify high priority worthy tasks and balance the needs of the different tasks against the available resources and project deadline.
* Keep within budget.
* Look for the most effective approach to getting the results needed using the resources available
* Provide required explanations for the builders and other professionals associated with the project.
* Coordinate and collaborate with engineers, architects, specialists, inspectors and job superintendents.
* Ensure the construction project complies with all building codes and any other legal or regulatory requirements (e.g. zoning laws, licensing and permit requirements).
* Monitor, oversee and direct the scope of a project.
* Hold and attend meetings with clients, engineers, architects, specialists, inspectors, superintendents, vendors and construction personnel.
* Report and give updates on the project status.
* Ensure the project goals are delivered without unnecessary delays.
* Maintain a good client relationship.
* Prepare and submit Pay Applications
* Review & Approve vendor invoices
* Project site visits
* Bid running
Qualifications and Skills
* Candidates for this position must have experience in running large projects in the water/wastewater industry under a self-performing contractor.
* Some travel required