This is a leadership role in our Water / Wastewater department focused on project planning and design efforts for municipal clients. You will work with the company's Midwest Region Manager and Business Line Director to identify and develop new capabilities and assisting in the recruitment of key personnel that would enhance the firm's competitiveness and growth in the water business; along with serving as a Lead Design and/or Project Manager on key Water and Wastewater treatment plant projects.
- Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates detailed phases of projects.
- Regularly develops and evaluates project plans.
- Provides leadership, direction and technical guidance on water and wastewater treatment plant projects.
- Assesses the feasibility and soundness/validity of proposed engineering evaluations when necessary data are insufficient.
- Responsible for ensuring proper quality control procedures are implemented on all projects.
- Conducts peer reviews and makes technical presentations.
- Identifies potential clients and project opportunities.
- Secures and manages clients and contracts.
- Assists/collaborates with the Business Developers and Marketing Dept in regard to proposal writing and contract generation.
- Manages and Mentors Junior Staff.
- B.S Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, or related field.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in IN or OH or ability to obtain within 6 months.
- Ability to demonstrate an established career (15+ years' experience) working as a Water / Wastewater Treatment Engineer, Water / Wastewater Treatment Plant Designer, Design Manager or Project Manager with experience related to water and wastewater system studies, treatment plant designs, NPDES permitting, master planning, regulatory compliance, water quality analyses, water distribution and storage, booster pump stations, water treatment, wastewater collection, pump station design, and wastewater infrastructure improvements.
- Experience working with local governments (public sector), including assisting operators with treatment solutions, start-up services and commissioning.
- Proven knowledge of and relationships with statewide clients, potential engineering partners, major contractors, speciality subcontractors and suppliers.