Job Title: Water Resilience Practice Lead
Location: Virginia, USA
Job Type: Full-time
My client are seeking a highly motivated Water Resilience Practice Lead to join their team in Virginia, USA. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and growing the Water Resilience practice, which will focus on developing and implementing innovative solutions to help communities, businesses, and governments build resilience to the impacts of climate change.
- Lead and grow the Water Resilience practice in Virginia and beyond, working closely with the global Water Resilience team.
- Develop and implement innovative solutions for building resilience to the impacts of climate change, including sea level rise, flooding, and drought.
- Collaborate with their multidisciplinary teams to integrate water resilience into all aspects of their projects, from planning to design to implementation.
- Build relationships with clients, partners, and stakeholders to identify opportunities and develop new business.
- Manage projects and project teams, ensuring high-quality deliverables and client satisfaction.
- Develop and deliver presentations, reports, and other communications to clients and stakeholders.
- Contribute to the thought leadership in the field of water resilience, through publications, conference presentations, and other activities.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, environmental science, or a related field; master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in water resources, climate change adaptation, or related field.
- Experience leading and managing projects and teams
- Strong technical skills in water resources engineering, hydrology, and/or climate modelling.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to build and maintain relationships with clients and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing innovative solutions to complex water and climate-related challenges
- Experience working with federal, state, and/or local government agencies preferred.
About the client:
My client is an international engineering firm that leads in engineering, design, and consultancy. A firm with a mission to create sustainable solutions for the future. Their Water Resilience practice is focused on developing solutions that help our clients build resilience to the impacts of climate change and other environmental factors. They believe that water resilience is critical to creating a sustainable future, and are committed to developing innovative solutions that help communities, businesses, and governments prepare for a changing climate.