Our team helps clients achieve business objectives by creating and implementing innovative and effective solutions for water and wastewater infrastructure assets and this is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated engineer to join our team locally with support from one of the best-qualified municipal consulting firms in the country.
The Water/Wastewater Project Manager will utilize their expertise and technical knowledge of Water / Wastewater evaluations, design & construction to serve as a Project Manager and/or project engineer on local projects. This is a 'hands-on' role with an expectation of leading projects, managing and/or mentoring staff, and supporting marketing and business development activities with senior staff.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Project Manager and team leader who will utilize their technical knowledge and experience to develop municipal water/wastewater projects, lead the successful execution and delivery of those projects and develop the team's overall capabilities.
- Leads projects from planning to design and construction of water/wastewater treatment plants / facilities, pump stations, stormwater systems, and distribution / collection systems.
- Develops project scope, budgets and delivery schedules for each assignment, and responsible for ensuring tasks/projects are completed within budget and on schedule.
- Actively participates in industry conferences/associations at the local, state, and/or national level via committee memberships, presentations, and/or leadership roles.
- Supports marketing and business development for water/wastewater market in region, working with senior staff to manage clients and proposals in region.
- Coordinates execution of projects with other disciplines.
- Develops small to large planning and design projects from inception to completion.
- Prepares complete construction packages (including all deliverables) for the engineering, procurement, and construction of water/wastewater systems for clients.
- Creates and manages cost estimates and project schedules.
- Performs detailed engineering calculations & analysis and utilizes design software to solve complex issues. Drafting software knowledge, a plus, but drafting is not required as part of this position.
- Supervises and supports the work of others and mentors junior level engineer & design/drafting technical staff.
- Maintains standards and specifications for Municipal Water/Wastewater design & construction projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong, clear and concise written and oral communication skills.
- Staff development and supervision skills; including mentoring junior level staff.
- Client relationship skills; including preparation and development of proposals and client management experience with a successful record of accomplishment, delivering a variety of projects that meet or exceed client expectations.
- Experience with planning, design and construction projects including water, wastewater and/or stormwater project and also working with new and/or existing treatment plants, pump stations and/or conveyance systems. * Ability to travel 10% - 20%.
Qualifications Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil, Environmental, Mechanical, Chemical Engineering or a related field of study.
- 7 or more years of experience.
- Licensed Professional Engineer.