Company Summary: This Blackstone Portfolio company is a leading developer and IPP of utility-scale energy storage and hybrid renewable projects. They are a well-capitalized and uniquely positioned to lean forward on projects with deal strictures that are well-suited to meet customer's needs. They have been at the forefront of energy storage development since their first energy storage project went online in 2018. Currently, they have over 15 GW of utility-scale energy storage and hybrid projects in development, and 32 projects in operation/under construction across North America.
Position Summary: The VP will oversee the company's project and structured finance groups. This multifaceted position will play a lead role in the development and ultimate financing of projects, as well as be an active part of the company's corporate finance function. This role will report directly to the CFO and will manage several team members who lead the company's financial and corporate modeling efforts.
Location: Position is open to remote candidates but preference will be given to those located in:
- Denver, CO
- Salt Lake City, Utah
- New York City, NY
- Toronto, Canada
The responsibilities of the position include:
- As part of an entrepreneurial org and finance team, a willingness and desire to be involved in many aspects of the organization. We are building and growing the business.
- Playing a lead role in structuring, executing and maintaining single asset and portfolio-level financings, including training our supporting finance staff to heavily participate in all such transactions.
- Overseeing the company's project financial analysis, and in so doing, developing finance talent, including with regards to tax equity and other PF modeling.
- Closely liaising with Power Marketing, EPC/Ops and Business Development to evaluate markets and opportunities, honing an efficient way to track, advance and/or pass on opportunities.
- Developing feedback loops to institutionalize learnings across the team and organization, including unit metrics that will drive design and engineering decisions.
- Supporting on broader treasury and budgeting matters, recognizing that a high-quality developer knows how to stretch and optimize the use of its development capital.
- A willingness to level-up and down, taking on more responsibilities and leadership while also wanting to be part of the details, and not feeling "above" the modeling or general business development realities of growing an IPP platform.
- Interfacing with Blackstone on a regular basis on a range of company matters.
The qualifications for this position include:
- 6-10 years of experience, including at least 3 years in the US renewables industry.
- Financial structuring and deal making experience, including with regards to evaluating complex revenue structures.
- High quality financial modeling capabilities, with demonstrable experience in the US power generation space (incl tax equity), including development of talent.
- Have led at least two financings and supported on several others.
- An existing rolodex of project finance and tax equity relationships.
- The desire to build a platform / IPP, versus a develop and flip business model.
- Must have relevant experience with a developer, investment firm in the renewable energy space, or investment banking specializing in power/energy/utilities.
- Understanding of engineering and renewable energy systems (solar and/or storage preferred, wind a plus) at a commercial level, such that one can drive discussions with investors, independent engineers, etc.
If interested in this position, do not hesitate in submitting an application!