A top-rated General Contractor that specializes in Underground Wet Utility public works projects is looking for an experienced Superintendent to join their team in Los Angeles.
- Mentor and help to grow Jr. Superintendents
- Review and approve the balance of Foremen, journeymen and laborer's composite labor rates
- Manage contract administration (subcontractor/field management meeting for communication)
- Develop a program to maintain good client relations involving staff on site
- Initiate and attend supplementary and regular meeting with client for problem resolution and planning
- Oversee and approve the monthly job cost updates and quarterly cash flow projections
- Review, approve and negotiate change orders
- Develop and implement a plan for project completion and turnover
- Maintain daily diary for record keeping purposes
- Ensure that all performance evaluations and completed in a timely fashion for direct reports
- Recommend, where appropriate, organizational, policy and procedural or staff changes
- Review and approve or reject promotions up to General Foremen.
- 8+ years' construction experience with 5+ years being in a Superintendent/Leadership capacity (preferably working on infrastructure projects such as Water/sewer/storm drain and other public works projects.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years experience leading crews installing large diameter pipe in an urban setting
- Ability to identify and resolve any problems that may arise.
- Excellent organizational, administrative, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong experience in Leadership, safety, negotiations, planning, and contract administration.