A leading Heavy Civil General Contractor in Sacramento is looking to bring on a Sr. Project Engineer/APM looking to be trained to become a Project Manager in the near future. The firm is a regional General Contractor and specializes in Underground public and private work. The firm is a family owned company and has been around for over 50 years in the Sacramento area.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
- 2 - 5 years project Engineer experience in public or private sector heavy civil environments.
- Manage job controls to ensure compliance with contract, budget, schedule, forecasting and job costing. Will administer the contract and subcontracts for the project, oversee quality control and manage design changes on the project. Manage client relationships and subcontractor relationships.
- Supervise, and mentor the staff to ensure project standards are met and work is completed on time and under budget, as well as encouraging/providing individual development for your team.
- Develop and maintain project schedule to ensure work is completed on time and under budget.
- Provide technical support in construction planning, quality control, interpretation of design, application of construction methods, resolution and documentation of design conflicts, and constructability reviews to ensure successful job completion.
- Develop, implement and administer project engineering procedures and other work controlling documents to ensure clarification of roles.
- Represent company, project and/or department during client and project management meetings to ensure effective communication.
- Develop and maintain all job reporting and logs to ensure project compliance.
If you feel you are the right fit for the position, please do not hesitate to apply!