Primary Focus Will Include:
* Hydrology and hydraulics design of surface water runoff collection and conveyance systems, stormwater management design, open channel modeling, scour analysis and mitigation measures.
* Leads project teams in the development of design modeling, calculations, plans, specs and quality control.
* Works with other disciplines to assure a fully integrated design. * Works with project managers, other discipline leads and contracting partners to provide engineering to develop cost estimates and identify risks for job pursuits.
* Develops scopes, fees and workplans to execute projects on aggressive schedules.
* Assigns tasks and directs the design to provide quality deliverables and meet project schedules.
* Acts as a subject matter expert and provides senior review of designs, proposals, fee estimates, scopes of work for projects across the nation.
* Proficient with common industry software (Microstation, InRoads Drainage, GEOPAK Drainage, AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Storm CAD, HEC-RAS 1D & 2D, SWMM, PondPack, Culvert Master, Flow Master, etc.)
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
* Master's degree in Engineering
* 15+ years relevant experience in design of hydrology, hydraulics and stormwater management projects, including progression to task and project management.
* Professional Engineer (PE) certification, and the ability to obtain PE in Florida
* Excellent communications skills
* Familiarity with construction methods and the ability to optimize designs accordingly.
* Familiarity with permitting on the federal, state and local level. What
You'll Need Essential Responsibilities:
* Responsible for development of the project scope and fee quotation and assists in the preparation of technical proposals and contracts in accordance with the Sophisticated Contracting Approach (SCA).
* Serves as the primary client liaison and manages the project team to deliver the scope, schedule, and budgets to completion and to the client's satisfaction. Assists with client project scoping and contract negotiations.
* Performs technical discipline tasks including analysis, reports, design, specification, and production for assigned projects.
* Implements the firm's project delivery plan using the Sophisticated Delivery Approach (SDA) on each project. Leads the development and the execution of the project management plan. Supervises and mentors team to overall project objectives.
* Performs coordination with managers on project staffing, including, but not limited to; recruitment, development, retention, and succession of project staff; development of plan for project staff reporting; and support for performance and compensation reviews.
* Partners with Client Service Leaders and pursuit champions to assist with business development, building client relationships, and pursuit efforts for strategic and mini-mega projects in accordance with the Sophisticated Sales Approach (SSA). Works with the project team and marketing resources to prepare appropriate proposal and presentation materials. Leads proposal development and interview presentations for strategic and mini-mega projects to the client as well as general presentations within the industry and community.
* May be responsible for the recruitment, hiring, development, and retention of staff, including development of plan for staff reporting, performance and compensation reviews, and succession.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering and 8 years of relevant experience
* 2 years task management or Deputy PM experience