A world wide firm is ACTIVELY hiring for a Senior Traffic Engineer in multiple locations throughout Pennsylvania. This firm is ranked in the top 20 on the Engineering News Record Design Firms, has over $1B+ in gross revenue, and has offices throughout the world.
This firm is looking for someone who has 5-15 years of extensive traffic experience, and Pennsylvania DOT exposure. A PE license in the state of Pennsylvania is encouraged.
- Lead tasks including traffic studies, traffic analysis, traffic control design and maintenance of traffic design.
- Perform cross-discipline coordination and communication with roadway, utilities, ITS, and structures designers on reconstruction projects.
- Participate in marketing discussions and client meetings to expand business.
- Provide technical expertise and recommendations for long range transportation planning.
- Provide technical expertise on traffic impacts associated with maintenance of traffic.
- Write technical reports and creates presentations of findings that have been presented to a diverse group of clients and the public
- Possesses a Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineering (PE) License.
- Professional Traffic Operations Engineer PTOE preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience performing traffic analysis and microsimulation for major interstate and urban corridor projects.
- Experience in developing signal timing plans
- Perform and provide technical review of HCS, Synchro, VISSIM, TransModeler, and other traffic engineering analysis software.
- Experience with SignCAD and GuideSign design software preferred
- Traffic control design a plus, including signal design and sign design.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3d and Microstation
- Ability to work independently and on a project team.
- Capability to effectively manage project tasks.
- Strong written and oral communications skills required
- Exercise professional judgment to complete work accurately and in accordance with engineering codes, ethical standards, and sound business practices;
- Effectively communicate and coordinate with other team members;
- Manage, coordinate, and communicate schedule and progress on multiple concurrent tasks;
- Complete work on time and within budget;
- Be energetic, self-directed and success-focused