My client is seeking an experienced Heavy Civil Superintendent with a strong background in highway, road, and asphalt work. They have several projects throughout Massachusetts and they are able to offer market competitive salaries and an amazing benefit package.
They focus on all heavy civil work, including but not limited to; highway, road, bridge, asphalt, paving and utility work.
If this sounds like a General Contracting firm that you'd be interested in and a position you would like to learn more about, reach out and apply!
- Project Kick-off:
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the provisions and requirements of all assigned contract documents.
- Review and analyze the preliminary project documentation including subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Project Execution:
- Participates in the organization and the planning of the physical work.
- Understands the project schedule and directs its long term planning and execution.
- Communicates/coordinates schedule and plans with project supervisors, subcontractors, government agencies, and vendors to complete projects on time, while monitoring cost control and quality.
- Recognizes on-site activities which may impede project progress or jeopardize compliance to project/contract requirements and proactively works with project team to remedy issues.
- Oversees project activities of the on-site superintendents, craft, and staff. Manages craft labor issues and sets productivity expectations.
- Enforces project standards.
- Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
- Assists Project Manager with scheduling coordination with main office/dispatch.
- A High School diploma and 5 years of experience in heavy construction in the civil construction industry, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Lead and supervise the asphalt crew and any paving work
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and tools involved in the hot mix asphalt construction of highways and roads, site work, or other related fields. Ability to read and interpret blueprints, construction plans, and contracts.
- General knowledge of construction survey terminology that is involved in heavy civil construction projects.
- Experience working in a "self-perform" multi-trade project environment
- Understanding of construction layouts, how to operate GPS survey equipment, and knowledge of GPS machine control.