Seeking an experienced and highly qualified Substation Physical Engineer to join an expanding team. This candidate will have a strong background in electrical engineering, with a focus in high voltage substations.
The Substation Physical Engineer will be responsible for:
- Providing engineering services on various matters including substation design, coordination studies, specifications and compliance, equipment specification and purchase, cost estimating, budget preparation, permitting, public hearings, relay protection schemes and control/communications design.
- Design, supervise, and/or review the design of substations including preparing specifications, supervising the bidding and selection process and construction inspection and project management
- Administer the flow of design information, requirements, and assistance among and between clients, interconnected utilities, manufacturers, field construction representatives, survey contractors and land owners.
- Complete simple design calculations and studies as required.
The Substation Physical Engineer should have the following qualifications:
- Strong project management ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology from an ABET accredited university preferred; background in Structural Engineering considered.
- 7+ years of practical substation (4kV through 161kV) experience required. Other experience levels may be considered.
- PE or ability to obtain professional license a plus.
- CAD experience preferred
- Able to travel 5-15% of time, with occasional over-night travel.
- Position is located on the west side of Indianapolis.
- Medical, dental and vision
- Great work- life flexibility
- Fantastic company culture
If you are interested in this exciting engineering opportunity, please do not wait to apply!