LVI Associates are proudly representing a renowned engineering firm with senior roles at their Ottawa head office. They are looking for experienced engineers with experience working on a range of projects relating to the building envelope, particularly in condominium restoration. This engineer must prioritise the quality of their work, as the firm wishes to preserve their excellent reputation and provide only the best for their clients.
The firm has grown to almost a hundred employees between their six offices spanning across Canada, and continues to project growth for the future. They emphasise their great culture, and try to ensure that new hires will gel with the team. They work on new build, repair, and historic restoration projects, with a great range of services and sectors. They are particularly looking to bring on another senior figure who is able to generate and maintain business with clients, and oversee projects from start to finish for support due to the company's increased work flow in recent years.
- Condition surveys, gather data and prepare reports, drawings and specifications
- Investigations required to diagnose specific problems related to building structures and the building envelope and recommend repair options
- Property condition assessments and report preparation
- Completing reserve fund studies / building condition surveys and report preparation
- Prepare plans drawings and specifications for restoration projects in accordance with established codes and standards
- On-site field reviews of construction/renovation/rehabilitation projects for general conformance
- Perform contract administration
- Peer review
- Train new employees
- Bachelor's Degree in Structural/Civil Engineering
- 5+ years of relevant experience with proven growth. Consulting experience is highly beneficial. Experience on-site is a must.
- Strong technical, written and verbal communication including strong people management skills and customer service focus.
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines, as well as handling budgets.
- Competitive Benefits: Generous matched rrsp contributions, healthcare, 3 weeks annual PTO etc.
- Salary range ($100,000- $130,000) dependent on structural restoration experience and client development skills.
- Bonuses based on performance if you can bring projects along with you or have a network of clients you can leverage on.
- Work from home flexibility and autonomy over your projects.