Job Title: Structural Engineer
Location: Nashville Tennessee
A Structural Engineer with experience working on large commercial buildings, hospitals, airports, manufacturing facilities or industrial projects to join our team! The successful candidate will be a major contributor in leading design aspects on a wide variety of structural system options for commercial, health care, aviation, manufacturing and industrial projects located throughout the United States.
Project Leadership and Planning: Plan, organize, and oversee structural engineering activities.
Design Conceptualization: Formulate innovative initial structural designs for significant projects.
Team Mentorship and Engineering: Provide guidance to team members while directly engaging in project-specific structural engineering work.
Technical Documentation: Develop engineering reports, plans, and detailed specifications for major projects. Create accurate engineering drawings aligned with calculations.
Engineering Drawing Oversight: Review, interpret, and refine engineering drawings as needed for precision.
Research and Complex Problem-Solving: Initiate and conduct in-depth research to address complex challenges.
Quality Control and Recommendation: Assess and recommend changes to preliminary and final plans, technical specifications, and estimates as project demands evolve.
Contractual and Construction Engagement: Engage in contract bidding processes and provide oversight during construction administration.
Project Supervision and Coordination: Supervise project evolution, ensuring alignment with regulatory bodies, external agencies, and client requirements.
Stakeholder Collaboration: Facilitate effective communication and collaboration among project team members, clients, contractors, and consultants.
Problem Resolution and Innovative Solutions: Tackle multifaceted issues, such as conflicting design requirements and unconventional material suitability, by developing creative solutions.
On-Site Presence: Travel to local project sites as necessary to ensure proper implementation and progress tracking.
- Bachelor's or Graduate degree in Civil Engineering, specialized in Structural Engineering.
- 6-12 years of relevant experience in structural design and consulting.
- Preferably experienced in Project Management or Operations.
- Proficiency in structural design with materials like steel, concrete (conventional and post-tensioned), and masonry, including high wind and seismic design.
- Bonus experience in designing for Health Care, Commercial, or Aviation projects.
- Familiarity with various structural design software tools like RISA, RAM, Navis Manage, Tedds, RetainPro, Adapt-Building.
- Must hold a P.E. licensure; S.E. license preferred.
Please do not wait to apply!