I am working with an international security integrator who is looking to bring on a candidate for their Europe based Federal Project. The prospect employee would be based out of their Northern Virginia branch and will have a hand in understanding customer requirements, assessing security needs, and designing and presenting tailored security solutions to potential clients.
Here are some key responsibilities:
- Collaborating with sales teams to gather customer requirements and understand their security challenges, business objectives, and technical environments.
- Using their technical knowledge and expertise, security pre-sales engineers design and architect security solutions that meet customer needs. They consider factors such as threat landscapes, compliance requirements, scalability, integration capabilities, and budget constraints.
- Conducting product demonstrations and proof-of-concept (POC) activities to showcase the features and capabilities of security solutions. This helps potential clients understand how the products can address their specific security challenges.
- Delivering technical presentations to customers, explaining the architecture, functionality, and benefits of the proposed security solutions. They address technical questions and concerns and provide guidance on the implementation and deployment processes.
- Collaborating with the sales team to develop comprehensive proposals and responses to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) or Requests for Information (RFIs). This includes detailing the technical aspects of the solution, pricing, and timelines.
- Assisting the sales team in responding to technical queries from customers throughout the sales cycle. This involves addressing concerns, providing clarifications, and offering technical guidance.
- Staying updated with the latest security trends, emerging threats, and advancements in security technologies. This ensures the ability to provide up-to-date and relevant advice and recommendations to customers.
Overall, a security pre-sales engineer serves as a technical advisor, working closely with sales teams and potential clients to identify security needs and design customized solutions that align with the customers' requirements and objectives.