This client is part of a $15 billion global corporation and is a key player in electric motors and related industries. This client has offices in 10 countries world-wide with U.S. efforts headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio.
The client is looking to bring on an embedded software engineer to join its Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure (EVCI) team to design, build, and test EV chargers.
- Be an integral part of software development on Electric Vehicle charging applications.
- Design and plan unit & system testing
- Run diagnostics and troubleshoot processes and hardware
- Implement and deploy functional spec definitions for both software and hardware
- End of line testing
- Management of configuration and software files
- Program controller applications for communication between EV chargers
- Design, develop, deploy embedded software for vehicle applications
- A Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science or any related field
- Past working experience with CodeSys
- Proficieny in a scripting language (Python, C/C++)
- Comfortable in a Linux/Windows environment
- Previous embedded experience
Desired, but not required
- Experience with standards (SAE JI772, DIN70121, NIST800, ISO 15118, OCPP)
- Knowledge of industrial protocols (Modbus-TCP, CAN, Rest/API, JSON, RS-485/232)
- Proficiency in OCPP/PCworx
- Competitive salary commensurate on experience
- Excellent benefits (Medical, dental, vision)
- Competitive 401(k) match