This firm is an award-winning professional consulting engineering firm in the civil engineering environment. Their team of experienced, responsive problem solvers excels in formulating customized, practical and sustainable solutions for site, building and infrastructure challenges which add value and extend the life of projects. Their mission is to build and revitalize our world.
As a Site Civil Technical lead, your typical responsibilities will include:
- Serving as a Technical expert on civil design projects;
- Develop site/civil engineering plans and specifications;
- Support preparation of land development design and permitting documents;
- Stormwater management analysis and design conforming to governing agency standards;
- Responsible for project financial performance and client relations;
- Prepare and review drawings and specifications documenting the systems designed;
- Attend meetings with clients, regulatory agencies, and stakeholders to establish their needs and discuss design/permitting issues with them;
- Supervise design team activities during Construction Administration;
- Manage work and development of junior-level staff;
- Manage small, medium or large projects;
- Develop new project opportunities and manage proposal submissions; and
- Client contact and close coordination with our project management and field engineering services teams.
The ideal candidate has:
- A bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent;
- Professional Registration in Michigan;
- Minimum of 8 years Site Civil Design experience preferred;
- Proficiency with AutoCAD Civil3D and associated design tools;
- Experience with developing site civil plans and designs, soil and erosion control plans, storm water modeling software, and permitting;
- A passion for mentoring others; and
- Excellent communication, report writing skills;
- Ability to think critically; and
- Demonstrated client management skills.
- This firm offers excellent opportunities for professional development and growth in a flexible, fast-paced working environment. Their robust benefits package for regular, full-time team members includes: Medical/Prescription coverage with no premiums required; life, disability and long-term care insurance coverage; matching 401(k); Profit Sharing; tuition reimbursement (up to $5000 per calendar year); generous bonus; paid time off and flexible hybrid remote/in-office work programs.
This firm is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected veteran/military status, disability, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.