An exciting opportunity has arisen for the role of site civil engineer based in our Indianapolis, IN office (also open our other offices in the US). The ideal candidate will be involved with the delivery of a range of projects within the Site/Civil Sector. You will be also expected to provide technical support to existing team members and you will contribute to a variety of small to large projects.
As a site civil engineer working as an integral part of the Private development team, you will be responsible for:
* Site and grading plans (from concept to detail);
* Access road and parking area plans;
* Storm water design and conveyance plans, including permit preparation and submittals; *
Design to current codes and standards;
* Coordinate engineering/design execution, planning, and interface and ensure that activities are completed on schedule and within budget;
* Coordinate with project engineers and other discipline engineers and ensure consistency in execution of project management activities;
* Calculates design data; prepares layouts, detailed specifications, estimates and procedures.
Candidate Specification The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
* Bachelor's degree or higher in Civil Engineering;
* 4+ year's detailed general civil engineering design experience with includes experience in one or more of the following project types: site development, roadways, drainage plans and studies, flood abatement, or utilities;
* Registered PE or close to obtaining licensure
* Working knowledge of AutoCAD (Civil 3D);
* Working knowledge of storm water software;
* Strong technical, communication, and design skills;
* Demonstrated ability to coordinate and work with multi-disciplinary teams; and deal with complex issues and maintain effective working relationships.