We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Environmental Approvals and Impact Assessment Specialist to join a leading, national company in Brisbane. As a leading environmental company, they are committed to sustainable practices and environmental stewardship. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing the environmental approvals process and conducting impact assessments for their local and international projects.
- Manage the environmental approvals process for our projects, ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations, permits, and licenses.
- Conduct comprehensive impact assessments to evaluate the potential environmental effects of our projects, including air and water quality, biodiversity, land use, and community impacts.
- Coordinate with internal teams and external stakeholders to gather relevant data, assess potential risks, and develop mitigation strategies.
- Prepare and submit high-quality environmental reports, studies, and documentation to regulatory agencies, ensuring accuracy and adherence to deadlines.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest environmental regulations, policies, and guidelines, and provide guidance to the project teams to ensure compliance (in Queensland).
- Collaborate with environmental consultants, specialists, and scientists to support project planning and decision-making processes.
- Participate in public consultations and engage with local communities to address environmental concerns and build positive relationships.
- Provide training and support to project teams on environmental best practices and regulatory requirements.
We are looking for individuals with:
- Minimum of five or more years in consulting, within the environmental approvals and impact assessment space.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in environmental science, environmental management, ecology, or a related field.
- Proven experience in managing environmental approvals and impact assessments, preferably in consulting.
- Strong knowledge of environmental regulations, permitting processes, and relevant environmental guidelines.
- Familiarity with conducting impact assessments and using relevant assessment tools and methodologies.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify potential environmental risks and develop effective mitigation strategies.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with internal teams, regulatory agencies, and community stakeholders.
- Detail-oriented and able to work independently, while also being a team player.
- Proficient in using environmental assessment software, GIS tools, and other relevant software applications.
- Familiarity with sustainability principles and practices is desirable.
Join their team in making a positive impact on the environment while working on exciting and meaningful project. They offer a competitive salary package, benefits, and opportunities for professional growth and development.
How to Apply
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please submit your CV. If you are open to environmental job opportunities in Australia and this one is not suitable, you can still apply, and we will reach out to discuss more suitable roles!