Are you passionate about coastal engineering, natural hazards, and climate risk? Do you have the expertise and drive to make a significant impact in these critical fields? If so, we have an exciting opportunity with our client, a fast-growing national firm, looking to expand their operations in Western Australia.
About Our Client:
Our client is a nationally recognized engineering firm committed to providing innovative solutions and cutting-edge expertise in the realm of coastal engineering and environmental risk management. With an expanding presence in Western Australia, they are seeking a talented and experienced Senior Coastal Engineer to join their dynamic team in Perth.
As a Senior Coastal Engineer with a focus on Natural Hazards and Climate Risk, you will play a crucial role in the planning and execution of projects aimed at assessing and mitigating coastal risks and impacts of climate change on infrastructure, communities, and the environment. You will collaborate with a team of dedicated professionals to deliver integrated coastal management solutions that drive sustainability and resilience in the face of changing coastal dynamics.
- Lead and manage complex coastal engineering projects, conducting risk assessments, vulnerability studies, and impact analyses related to natural hazards and climate change.
- Utilize advanced modeling techniques and cutting-edge technologies to develop innovative coastal protection and adaptation strategies.
- Provide expert advice on coastal engineering matters to clients, stakeholders, and internal teams, ensuring effective communication of technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Collaborate with government agencies, local authorities, and research institutions to support and contribute to coastal management policy development.
- Contribute to business development efforts, including proposal writing, client engagement, and identifying opportunities for expanding our client's operations in Western Australia.
- Mentor and guide junior engineers, fostering their professional growth and development.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Civil Engineering, Coastal Engineering, or a related field.
- Extensive experience (minimum 5 years) in coastal engineering, with a proven track record in assessing and managing natural hazards and climate risks.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to convey complex technical information clearly and concisely.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in managing projects and teams.
- Experience working with government agencies and stakeholders is advantageous.
Join our client's team and be part of shaping a sustainable future for coastal communities in Western Australia. If you are interested to find out more about this role, please apply with your updated CV!