The Technology Consultant's role is to lead a team of professionals providing consulting and design services to our clients. The position requires that the candidate actively participates in the project delivery process for several projects at the same time while ensuring efficiency, accuracy and top-quality work is being delivered to our clients.
This is a Work From Home position and we are open to major markets other than those listed.
- Act as the primary point of contact for the team, the Owner, Architect and other design team members; coordinate our work with other design team members
- Contribute as a key member of the project design team, bringing a forward-thinking perspective to technology plans and discussions
- Write strategic technology plans, reports, design notes and other project communication
- Contribute to the business development efforts of the firm
- Coordinate with the firm Principals and marketing staff with business development activities, including sales meetings, short-list interviews and proposals
- Engage in programmatic discussions with our clients to determine project goals and requirements
- Collaborate with other team members to guide clients through the technology selection process; devise cost-effective technology solutions specifically optimized for the user
- Coordinate technology drawings with Architects, Engineers and other design team members
- Facilitate pre-bid meetings and post-bid review meetings
- Review submittals of shop drawings and other project submittals
- Perform site walk-through visits to review adherence to standards, procedures and best practices of infrastructure and systems by installing contractors
- Ensure that all work is completed on-time, in-budget, and consistently within the clients' high standards of quality
- Minimum of ten years of experience working full-time in the Audiovisual, IT/Telecom or Electronic Security field is required.
- Three to five years within a technology consulting firm is highly preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of technology architectural requirements including but not limited to: sightline studies; structural support requirements; cabling pathways; architectural integration of technology equipment
- Extensive knowledge in some and general knowledge of all the following: Audiovisual Systems, Information Technology (IT) services, network hardware, Electronic Security Systems, Acoustics, Lighting, infrastructure and system architecture
- Experience in business development for professional services is preferred
- Excellent attention to detail
- Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written
- Values that include integrity, accountability and a willingness to have fun
- Ability to work equally well as an individual contributor or team member
- Professional and positive attitude in a fast paced and occasionally high-pressure environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and BlueBeam
- One of the following Required: CTS, CTS-D, RCDD or ability to achieve within 90 days of hiring
- Additional industry related certifications are pluses
All candidates must be driven to satisfy the needs of end users and have the ability to deliver high caliber end results in a timely manner while operating without direct supervision. Some overnight travel may be required. Navigating building construction sites is required for most project assignments.