Job Title: Senior System Protection & Control Engineer
Location: Office options in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, Georgia, & Texas
Potential for this position to be fully remote with travel as needed.
Firm is seeking an experienced and highly qualified Protection and Control Engineer to join an expanding team. The successful candidate will have a strong background in electrical engineering, with a focus on transmission line and substation protection and control.
- Perform relay setting on transmission lines and substations
- Design and implement transformer protection schemes
- Conduct short circuit studies using software such as CAPE or ASPEN
- Interface with key external stakeholders / local utilities
- Perform load flow studies to support the transmission planning team
- Participate in field/site walk downs and meetings/conference calls as needed
- Candidate must have experience conducting power flow studies
- Candidate must be proficient in using software for power flow analysis
- Candidate must be familiar with building power flow models and creating contingency files
- Candidate must have experience developing various types of contingency for corresponding power flow models
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field
- Professional Engineer (PE) license preferred
- 5+ years of experience in transmission line and substation protection and control
- Familiarity with SEL and GE relays
- Proficiency in software such as CAPE or ASPEN
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to travel occasionally
Firms offers a competitive salary and benefits package, with a range of $125,000-$165,000 and potential for bonuses. There are opportunities for growth and development within the organization, as this is a rapidly growing department within the established company.
If you are a talented and ambitious engineer with a passion for power system protection and control, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.