- They are an architectural engineering firm that houses over 250 employees across multiple locations in the Midwest. They have only been in the industry for 50 years and are competing with firms that have a long standing history!
- They are actively growing nationally across multiple locations as they have a huge backlog of work for you to walk into which means as a Senior Structural Engineer, you won't have to aggressively business develop. However, given how growth oriented the firm are they will also support in doing so if that's where your interests lie.
- The work? What you imagine it to be! The regional lead is one of the most down to earth and charismatic leaders I've worked with. He always ensures the work aligns with what the employees enjoy naturally maintaining profitability!
- This role would require you to do structural calculations, inspections, and manage clients. As part of the growth within this firm, if business development is a skill you would enjoy expanding into or developing, you will also be given a pathway on being to achieve this.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Perform structural calculations and analysis for new and existing buildings
- Manage forensic investigations within the field of civil/structural engineering based upon agreed scope of work and budgets.
- Provide expert-level consultation to our clients to assist in answering technical questions.
- Produces written technical reports detailing and defending observations and conclusions.
- Coordinates other support activities and testing when needed and ensure client deliverable are addressed in a timely manner.
- BS in Civil or Structural Engineering degree or relevant engineering degree.
- Licensure Required: P.E or S.E
- Minimum 10 years of experience in structural engineering/forensic engineering or repair/restoration engineering
- Must have high level of analytical, technical and written skills.
- Work requires continual attention to detail with the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with clients at all levels.
- Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications including but not limited to, Microsoft Office applications and computer assisted engineering and design software.
- Must maintain a driver's license.
- Competitive Benefits: Generous matched 401k contributions, health-care, 3 weeks annual PTO etc.
- Salary range ($140,000- $160,000) dependent on forensic engineering and management skills.
- Work from home which is hybrid/remote and autonomy over your projects.
- If this role is not specifically in line with your experience, reach out to Sinatra Dias on LinkedIn to explore other opportunities!