We are seeking a highly experienced and qualified Senior Structural Engineer to join our market-leading engineering team. As a Senior Structural Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in providing technical expertise and project management services for structural design and analysis. This position requires a deep understanding of structural engineering principles, the ability to lead complex projects from inception to completion, and a commitment to delivering high-quality work. In addition, you will be responsible for fostering client relationships, driving business development, and mentoring and developing staff members.
This an opportunity to join a company that has been providing engineering expertise and innovative testing for law firms, insurance companies, and corporations since 1987. Founded by a group of U.S. Naval Academy engineers dedicated to applying engineering principles to help clients successfully resolve a loss or litigation. Today, the company has offices in six states up and down the Eastern seaboard and into the Midwest along with engineers from most of the branches of the military and civilian experts. W offer a broad range of comprehensive expertise including mechanical engineering, civil/structural engineering, material science (metallurgy), electrical, chemical, fire investigation and biomechanical engineering. This role is specifically for their forensic structural team, however collaboration and cross team working is championed.
Technical Expertise and Project Management:
- Provide expert-level guidance and project management services for structural design and analysis, encompassing concrete, steel, masonry, and wood structures.
- Conduct structural condition assessments, forensic investigations, and failure analysis to identify root causes and develop effective remediation strategies.
- Oversee testing programs to evaluate structural performance and generate appropriate recommendations.
- Develop and supervise the design of structural systems, including the preparation of construction documents, specifications, and construction administration services.
- Offer expert testimony on structural systems in legal proceedings.
Client Relations and Business Development:
- Maintain existing client relationships and cultivate new business opportunities through networking and effective marketing efforts.
- Actively engage with clients to understand their needs, provide solutions, and ensure satisfaction with our services.
Staff Mentoring and Development:
- Mentor and support junior staff members, providing guidance and fostering their professional growth.
Industry Involvement and Knowledge Enhancement:
- Participate in relevant industry organizations, staying abreast of industry developments and trends to enhance knowledge and contribute to professional growth.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in structural engineering or a related field (preferred).
- Profound knowledge of structural engineering principles, including concrete, steel, masonry, and timber structures.
- Experience in structural condition assessments, forensic investigations, and failure analysis.
- Familiarity with structural testing programs.
- Expertise in structural system design, construction documents, specifications, and construction administration services.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Proven capability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Professional licensure (PE or RA or SE credential) preferred.
- Experience with expert witness testimony preferred.
We offer a competitive salary ranging from $110,000 to $200,000, commensurate with experience. Along with professional work environments, we provide a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, with the company contributing to a portion of the premiums.
- Supplemental Insurance Options: Life, AD&D, Legal Plan, Pet Insurance, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, and Accident Plans.
- Fully company-funded Short-Term and Long-Term Disability benefits.
- 401(k) retirement savings plan.
Join our esteemed team and be part of our mission to deliver exceptional structural engineering solutions. Apply today to explore the possibilities of this exciting Senior Structural Engineer role.
Main Office in Parole, Annapolis Maryland , however offices across the United States.