LVI is one of the leading Energy and Infrastructure recruitment firm. We offer a bespoke service to our clients that allows for us utilize industry gossip to maximize our reach for both candidates and our current and future clients. Within the renewable energy space, we have upwards of 50 clients that we can introduce our candidates to!
THERE CAN BE REMOTE FLEXIBILITY FOR THE RIGHT CANDIDATE, DO NOT NEED TO BASED IN TEXAS
One of the leading IPP Developers who are involved with the Development, Operation and who actually own all of their Utility Scale Energy Storage and hybrid Solar + Storage projects projects are growing out their Engineering and Technology Team. They are also a Blackstone Portfolio company which has allowed for them to experience their vast growth at the moment. They are currently looking to bring on a Senior Software Engineer to help support their work as a utility scale energy storage and renewables leader.
This position offers a great opportunity to help develop a software platform serving an industry with real impact. This person will be working with a small team of engineers, data scientists, and domain experts to help build, test and deploy full stack software to help optimize the design and operation of renewable energy power plants.
The ideal candidate should be able to balance both data modeling and integrating CSS changes.
Primary Responsibilities of the Senior Software Engineer:
- Lead the creation and maintenance of the cloud infrastructure using infrastructure as code.
- Design and build data ingestion systems to ensure data accessibility and availability
- Work cross functionally data scientists to establish an automated process for the deployment of machine learning models that can be produced at scale
- Engage with 3rd party data providers such as weather services
- Monitor and evaluate technology developments and recommend additional to the technology stack where applicable
- Involved with the development and maintenance of automated testing.
- Improve and maintain single page, front-end applications
- Contribute to knowledge sharing within the team through documentation and presentations
- Provide mentoring to the more so junior team members
Minimum Requirements of Senior Software Engineer:
- At least 7 years of experience as a software engineer and experience with data modeling and processing data at scale
- Strong working knowledge of at least Python
- Prior experience with cloud infrastructure, specifically with AWS
- Prior experience with micro-services as part of a larger architecture
- Prior experience with single-page, front-end applications
- Familiarity with React framework
- An interest in Machine learning
- Base salary
- Annual bonus based off of both individual and company performance
- Health care, medical, dental
- 401k matching
- Unlimited PTO/Vacation