A global infrastructure engineering consultancy firm to look for a Senior / Principal / Associate level Track Alignment Engineer in Singapore.
The incumbent will be designing and maintaining the alignment of railroad tracks in accordance with industry standards and regulations. This includes the preparation of alignment plans, the use of surveying equipment, and collaboration with other engineers and stakeholders to ensure safe and efficient rail transport.
- Develop and maintain track alignment plans using CAD software and other tools
- Conduct field surveys to gather data on existing track alignment and identify areas requiring improvement
- Collaborate with other engineers, stakeholders, and contractors to develop project scopes, timelines, and budgets
- Provide technical expertise on the design and construction of track alignment and related infrastructure, such as rail switches and crossings
- Analyze track geometry data to identify trends and potential issues, and recommend corrective actions as necessary
- Develop and maintain documentation related to track alignment plans, surveys, and inspections
- Participate in site inspections, construction progress meetings, and other related activities
- Provide technical support and training to other engineers and field personnel as needed
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends, technology, and best practices related to track alignment and railroad engineering
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering or other related field
- 10+ years of railway track infrastructure projects alignment design experience (plain line, switch & crossing)
- Expertise in the use of railway software packages such as Microstation, Bentley OpenRail Autodesk Civil 3D)
- Ability to develop and design 3D track alignments for railway or mass rapid transit system.
- Competency on modelling ability in GIS and BIM is preferred.
- Good knowledge of railway operation practices, permanent way and systems (e.g. drainage trackform, third rail and etc).
If you are interested, please apply with your latest CV and we can discuss further on this opportunity. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.