LVI is one of the leading Energy and Infrastructure recruitment firm. We offer a bespoke service to our clients that allows for us utilize industry gossip to maximize our reach for both candidates and our current and future clients. Within the renewable energy space, we have upwards of 50 clients that we can introduce our candidates to!
One of the industry leaders when it comes to development, acquisition and operations of Renewable Energy and BESS projects. They currently have over 2 GW in operation and quite a significant project pipeline in development and is currently holds one of the largest non-utility portfolios when it comes to renewable energy and BESS projects. Their goal is decarbonize the electrical supply while keeping up with affordability, reliability and a resilient grid.
They are currently looking to bring on a Senior Python Engineer to join their commodity trading and risk management team which is primarily responsible for commercial optimization of the fleet storage and renewable assets in the wholesale power market. The Senior Python Engineer will be responsible for designing, developing and deploying python based systems that will assist with financial valuation, pricing, reporting, and execution capabilities. The systems will be responsible for translating physical and financial market relationships into meaningful insights. This will include the commodities team to position themselves for the future (managing the portfolio), quickly resolve and respond to the ever changing market conditions (trade) and to simply understand both the day to day and long term changes in the evolving US power market (R&D).
The Senior Python Engineer will be working with a small energy and tech savvy team and will give this person a chance to dive deep into the intersection of renewable energy and computing while developing renewable energy management solutions for the whole sale power market!
Senior Python Engineer Primary Responsibilities:
- Create and conduct maintenance on internal systems and deployments which will include using:
- Work cross collaboratively with business analysis, product design, data engineering, development, testing, deployment and maintenance (more specified responsibilities will be outlined based off of this individual's background and experience)
- Challenge the current existing solutions and continuously improve them to come up with better ones
- Manage the external library dependencies and contribute to their favorite libraries when needed
Senior Python Engineer, Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelors of Science degree in Engineering and or Computer Science
- At least 4+ years of python development experience
- Exceptional experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Work-flow Orchestration
- Package Maintenance
- Dev Ops
- Environment Management
- Data Engineering
- Cloud Operations
- API Development
- Desire to continuously learn and challenge yourself, ownership mentality, entrepreneurial outlook and team work oriented
- EXPERIENCE IN ENERGY MARKETS IS A MAJOR PLUS BUT NOT REQUIRED