LVI are seeking a Licensed Forensic Structural Engineer to join an industry-leading multi-disciplinary engineering firm. The company specializes in forensic structural engineering, building envelope diagnostics and repair and restoration on complex, large loss projects. The tenure of their employee is is truly exceptional, which they attribute to their company culture, placing a greater emphasis on work-life balance, continued education and employee benefits than many other firms within this industry.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- The ideal Structural Engineer will take on the responsibility of managing the technical production and contractual aspects of multiple projects within the office with focus on restoration, rehabilitation, renovation, and forensics related work.
- Forensic investigations to determine the cause and origin of structural failure, both storm damage assessments following catastrophic weather events, and construction design defects
- Preparation of project deliverables, including but not limited to: proposals, analysis results, repair alternates, construction drawings, specifications, and technical reports
- The successful candidate will also possess a high energy level and be a self-motivated individual who can work within a strong team environment, serving clients on major projects throughout the Carolina's and surrounding states. Technical specialization, proactivity and assertiveness when meeting client and project needs, are required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil/Structural/Architectural Engineering essential
- Master's Degree in Civil/Structural/Architectural Engineering desired
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- P.E. license is required
- Strong technical, written and verbal communication including strong people management skills and customer service focused.
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Strong customer service focus
If this role isn't specifically in line with your experience, or you're just looking for something a bit different, reach out to Hugh Evans on LinkedIn for a confidential conversation to discuss other options and opportunities!