We have a current opportunity for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Austin.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Assistance in the supervision and leadership of engineers and overseeing production and quality control;
- Direct and coordinate production, operations, and quality assurance in Geotechnical Engineering analyses and design;
- Train and mentor other engineers and support staff personnel;
- Review and draft engineering reports and proposals;
- Application of advanced knowledge of concepts, principles, and practices of geotechnical engineering;
- Using Geotechnical Engineering analyses and design related to a variety of projects including bridges, dams, tunnels, buildings, retaining walls, towers, pavements, reinforced slopes, and embankments; and
- Analysis of building structures and civil infrastructure; including soil/structure interaction, pavement analysis, geophysical testing, drainage design, and assistance in the management of forensic investigations and litigations.
- Master's degree (M.S.) in Civil Engineering preferred, with advanced knowledge in geotechnical engineering;
- 10 + years of relative experience;
- Professional Engineer (PE);
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated interpersonal skills and self-motivated;
- Must be customer focused and able to react to changing priorities on short notice;
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to meet strict deadlines; and
Excellent time management, organizational and follow-up skills with ability to demonstrate initiative