We have a remote opportunity for a Senior Environmental Planner on a permanent basis. The position will be based in California. For further information about this position please apply.
- Prepare environmental documents pursuant to the requirements of the CEQA and the NEPA. The documents may include, but are not limited to the Categorical Exemption, Categorical Exclusion, Initial Study, Negative Declaration, Mitigated Negative Declaration, Environmental Assessment, Environmental Impact Statement and various technical studies in support of the CEQA/NEPA documents
- Research literature, websites to gather statistics and related data for environmental documents
- Conduct field work activities and studies as it relates to transportation and public works related projects and State and Federal environmental requirements
- Make observations, collect data, take photos, perform analysis, and maintain documentation
- Prepare mapping and exhibits, preferable through ArcGIS or Adobe Illustrator for reports and presentations
- Prepare and produce reports in accordance with Caltrans Standard Environmental Reference guidelines or through approved agency templates
- Conduct environmental impact analyses for various environmental resources
- Attend agency or public meetings
- Organize data and administrative records
- Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate
- At a minimum, the candidate must possess a 4-year degree in Urban/Environmental Planning, Environmental Sciences or related fields and at least 5 years or more of related work experience.
- Solid experience with CEQA regulations in the State of California is required
- Experience writing EIR reports for environmental impact studies is essential
- Specialized skills in biology, cultural, or air quality would be desirable.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in utilizing PC and various software packages typically used in urban/environmental planning assignments is required
- Team players and ability to work independently with minimal supervision