Energy and Commissioning Team - Chicago or Hillside Office
We are seeking a Senior Energy Engineer to support the growth goals of our Energy and Commissioning Team. This position supports all of the company's product offerings with specific emphasis on performing conceptual engineering design, developing energy audits/analyses, creating and analyzing energy models, and developing submission documentation for project incentive program opportunities and LEED submissions.
- Candidate must have a minimum bachelor's degree in engineering.
- Candidate must live in the Chicagoland area or be willing to relocate.
- Candidate must have a minimum of 3 years experience in energy auditing or master planning for commercial, institutional and/or industrial buildings or relevant experience.
- Energy modeling experience is a plus.
- Proven ability to communicate well in written and verbal communications.
- Review existing building drawings and extract necessary information.
- Perform site visits to identify existing equipment conditions, review system performance/issues with building staff, and identify energy savings opportunities.
- Perform weather normalized utility analysis utilizing Excel tools
- Perform heat gain and loss calculations where necessary for preliminary equipment sizing.
- Develop energy models for various purposes including evaluation of system types.
- Determine performance and energy savings for system modifications and improvements.
- Assist in the conceptualization of MEP system alternatives and energy conservation measures.
- Collaborate with other discipline engineers to confirm the feasibility of alternatives.
- Perform preliminary equipment selections.
- Prepare schematic drawings per Elara Drawing Standards and Conventions.
- Prepare construction cost estimates for recommendations.
- Compile data and prepare written reports and presentations.
- Attend project meetings/presentations with clients.
- Prepare post-implementation analyses confirming actual weather normalized energy savings.
- Oversee the work of 1-2 energy engineers supporting the projects/reports that you are assigned.