In the role of Senior Project Development Engineer, your primary responsibility will be to lead and support the civil aspects of our utility-scale solar energy projects during the development phase. This includes evaluating new properties, optimizing pre-construction designs, ensuring code compliance, obtaining permits, and providing civil cost estimates. Your role will involve delivering top-notch, cost-effective recommendations to our Engineering and Construction team at every stage of the development process for each solar asset.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Lead pre-construction activities related to civil design for solar photovoltaic, gen-tie, and substation projects. This includes conceptual design for permitting, civil and grading design and review, and estimation of civil grading costs.
- Collaborate with the Project Development group and Construction Engineering group, contributing to detailed layout design for solar energy projects under development. Provide engineering constraints for design purposes and communicate engineering priorities to the rest of the Project Development team.
- Utilize civil engineering tools to assess the impact of varying terrains on the energy yield assessments of the projects.
- Assist the Development Engineering and Project Development teams in evaluating new properties.
- Interface with and support the project development, project management, and operations teams in the lead-up to project handoffs, ensuring the timely and thorough transfer of technical responsibilities.
- Manage relationships with equipment vendors, contractors, and third-party engineering firms.
- Support technical design reviews for Solar Plants and Substations, including reviewing drawings, calculations, and reports.
- Conduct site visits to aid in site evaluation, suitability assessments, and due diligence efforts.
- Lead multiple team initiatives to facilitate the growth of the project engineering and development team. Provide guidance and training to others on the impact of land on solar projects.
- Thrive in a dynamic environment working alongside individuals with diverse interests and backgrounds.
- Possess strong leadership, interpersonal, prioritization, and time management skills. Ability to handle multiple projects and engineering team initiatives concurrently.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering required; Additional qualifications like a Master's Degree, PE (Professional Engineer), or PMP (Project Management Professional) certification desired.
- 7+ years of experience in land development, preferably with a focus on Solar Power Plant projects.
- Demonstrated success in navigating the environmental permitting process.
- Experience leading or mentoring engineers and non-engineering professionals on projects.
- Flexible Schedule
- Fully Remote
- Great Company Culture