They are an engineering design and consulting firm, that provides innovative solutions for clients with facility and infrastructure challenges. To achieve client needs, they have multiple locations across the US. Working with a diverse group of individuals in a variety of markets, our team of experts partner with our clients to deliver advanced solutions that last.
The Building Envelope Specialist assists the senior staff in the execution of the technical activities required on a new project from design phase to post-occupancy phase. Under supervision, participates in technical studies, investigations, and site visits on assigned projects. Assists the project team in the production of projects on time, within budget, and of the highest technical quality.
- Performs design reviews of architectural drawings and specifications.
- Evaluates shop drawing and product data submittals.
- Performs construction site visits to monitor installation progress and ensure conformance to design specifications and owner expectations.
- Performs construction site visits to execute performance verification testing.
- Attends meetings with owners, clients, or architects as needed
- Assists senior team in the development of technical reports, specifications, and drawings.
- Clearly communicates project requirements with designers, contractors, and product manufacturers.
- Performs engineering studies and analyses using industry software
- Learns to understand company technical policies and procedures during the execution of projects for clients
- Understands and applies sound engineering principles to perform tasks associated with building enclosure commissioning, consulting, and forensics
- Assists and performs activities inside and outside the organization consistent with ethical engineering standards
- Actively attends in-house training sessions to obtain knowledge in necessary technical areas
Skills & Educational Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or architecture AND applicable experience in design, analysis, or construction of enclosure systems: roofing, waterproofing, glazing, insulation, claddings (masonry, metal panel, stucco, EIFS) and control layers for air, moisture, and thermal performance.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) software
- Knowledge of drafting and design procedures and standards
- Knowledge of building codes and regulations
- Knowledge of engineering theories and methodologies
- General knowledge of industry specific software (i.e., AutoCAD and Revit)
- General knowledge of enclosure system, air moisture, and thermal control performance
- Comprehension - ability to understand information, ideas, and direction presented in writing and/or verbally communicated
- Written Communication Skills - ability to clearly deliver a message through written words using correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Speech Clarity - ability to speak clearly and in a common language so that others can understand you
- Detail-Oriented - ability to achieve accuracy and thoroughness when accomplishing a task; pays attention to details and is able to understand the cause of a certain outcome
- Judgement and Decision-Making Skills - ability to make reasoned judgments that are logical and well thought out; constructively questioning and analyzing information in order to make the best conclusion
- Technical Writing Skills - skilled in the area of summarizing or explaining technical information in a clear, concise, and accurate way, communicating the point intended
- Presentation Skills - effective in a variety of presentation settings both inside and outside the organization; commands attention and can manage group processes during the presentation; can change tactics midstream when something isn't working
- Visualization - ability to produce an image mentally and use that information in designs