LVI Associates are in search of an Architect to assist with the growth and development of the Seattle and Pacific Northwestern region of a Boutique Architectural Engineering firm. The company focuses on design, building envelope restoration, renovation, consulting, and project management on multifamily, Class A office, medical facilities, hotels, and more.
Their work consists of three major components: from intensive investigation and documentation to designing custom solutions and details and is followed by onsite observation and project management of repairs. The company's holistic approach allows for the best solutions to every size problem. They work with some of the largest commercial and residential property management companies, building, engineering teams, and property asset groups in Washington.
This role focuses on multi-family re-clad/renovation work with some opportunity for commercial renovation/envelope work.
- Revit modelling and detailing
- Preparation of construction documents for cost estimating, permitting, and construction
- Perform field observations to document existing conditions for site specific repair detail
- Field measurement for as-built plan preparation
- Prepare façade design and color studies (using Revit, Sketchup, Photoshop, or a combination)
- Attend client meetings and assist Senior Architects with client communication, consultant coordination, and overall project organization and scheduling
- Proficient in Revit (can build a model from scratch)
- Minimum 3-6 years of professional experience in architecture
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Perform field observations to document existing conditions for site specific repair details
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Construction administration experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Building envelope and detailing experience a plus (siding, roofing, weather resistive barriers, flashings, waterproofing, etc.) Permitting experience with local jurisdictions a plus Interest or experience in façade design a plus
Compensation and Benefits:
- Twice yearly bonus based on performance and profitability
- Health Care
- Medical & Dental dependents
- Paid Leave
- (11) Paid Holidays
- Unlimited Paid Vacation