Company Summary: This energy storage company was founded in 2011 with the mission of building an energy landscape that is less expensive, more reliable, and increasingly sustainable. Back in 2011, while other companies share the company's mission to accelerate the clean energy transition through AI-powered energy storage, only a few understood how to execute projects to reduce costs and create new value to electricity customers. Today, they remain the trailblazer in the energy storage sector, continually delivering many industry "firsts."
Location: New York City, NY (hybrid)
Position Summary: The Senior Accountant will report to the Corporate Controller to support the accounting-finance function such as financial reporting, internal controls, and process development. You will be focused on maintaining ledgers and financial statements for multiple entities, account analysis and reconciliations, audit preparation and internal control maintenance in a challenging and fast-paced collaborative environment.
The responsibilities of the Senior Accountant include:
- Manage and be responsible for day-to-day accounting operations and month-end close.
- Ensuring timely and accurate reporting in accordance with US GAAP accounting standards.
- Perform account reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts across various subsidiaries and investigate and resolve reconciling items.
- Perform and review monthly bank reconciliations for various project entity bank accounts.
- Assist with analyzing balance sheet and income statement accounts, determining variances and trends and report to management.
- Develop and implement more efficient and accurate operational processes and initiatives that improve accounting processes, while maintaining and enhancing business reporting initiatives.
- Consistently evaluate existing accounting methods and processes to automate and streamline.
- Be proactive in recommending improvements for policies and procedures.
The Senior Accountant should have the following qualifications:
- Have at least 5 years of relevant general ledger accounting experience in complex accounting environment
- Preferably have Public Accounting experience
- Have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Accounting
- Preferably be a CPA or CPA candidate
- Have knowledge of GAAP and other applicable regulatory rules, regulations, and requirements
- Have experience dealing with multiple business units and foreign currency
- Be Meticulous - you are laser focused on the details, and remain calm and effective under pressure
- Be Collaborative - you enjoy working with and across groups to reach a common goal
- Be Highly Organized - you excel at coordinating and prioritizing your work to meet deadlines
If interested in the position, please do not hesitate in applying!