Plans, organizes, directs, and controls project activities required for effective management of electronic security installation projects. Supervises installation labor and sub-contractors. Estimates and prices job charges. Works with financial, contract management and other management reports and tools to define project problems to assure project profitability. Is responsible for training and developing employees. Is responsible for the quality of installation.
- Maintains current job plans and specifications
- Works with engineering department on design and drafting phases of jobs when needed
- Coordinates the procurement of materials, supplies and services and controls timely delivery to job site
- Prepares the project installation plan, manages the plan and prepares and implements job procedures
- Determines, from review of various information, necessary changes in design, contract price, installation plan or other activity and implements same
- Maintains construction schedule and coordinates task scheduling with other trades
- Assists in selecting and monitoring the performance of subcontractors
- Keeps self, superiors and subordinates informed of progress
- Maintains all records of job status, job changes, material flow and other control records and supervises the preparation and processing of reports for internal and external use
- May estimate or assist in estimating projects which company is bidding
- High school education or equivalent
- Associate degree (2 year) or Bachelor (4 years) in a technical capacity is desirable
- Five years of experience in the engineering and installation of Electronic Security systems. Has a strong knowledge of engineering fundamentals, relay logic, and operations. Good subcontracting skills required. An understanding of job financial reports, and the ability to control costs in the handling of large projects.