I am working with my client a Multi-Million dollar regional integrator based out of Northern Virginia, who is looking for a Mid-level Technician to join their growing team!
As a Travelling Security Technician, you would be required to travel to different sites, such as office buildings, warehouses, hospitals, schools, and retail stores, to install, service and maintain security systems. You may also be required to provide training to clients on how to use the security systems effectively.
Some of the key responsibilities of a travelling security technician include:
- Installing and configuring security systems: This involves understanding the specifications of the system and installing and configuring the hardware and software components.
- Troubleshooting and maintenance: This includes diagnosing and resolving any issues that may arise with the security system, and performing routine maintenance to ensure that the system is functioning optimally.
- Customer service: You will be interacting with clients regularly, so you must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills to handle client's concerns and complaints professionally.
- Documentation: You will be required to maintain accurate records of all installations, repairs, and maintenance work performed on the security system.
- Staying updated: You will need to stay updated on necessary training for systems used on projects to ensure that you can provide the most effective solutions to clients.
To become a Travelling Security Technician, you would typically need a high school diploma or equivalent, along with technical training in security systems installation and maintenance. Some employers may also require certification in specific security systems. Additionally, a valid driver's license and the ability to travel are essential requirements for this role.