My client is a General Contractor in the Cape Cod, MA area and they are seeking an experienced, strong Safety Manager to oversee all of their on-going projects.
They primarily have 10-15 projects running at the same time so this position would be on the move and visiting several job sites daily. They offer an amazing benefit package as well as competitive salaries.
If this sounds like something you'd be interested in pursuing, apply below and reach out!
* Understands, administers and enforces OSHA and other federal, state, and local standards, as well as company safety policies for the purpose of establishing a safe work environment on all projects.
- Observes and practices all governmental safety regulations, project requirements, and company safety policies. Conducts inspections and enforces adherence to laws and regulations governing the health and safety of individuals.
- Serves as the point-of-contact for all scheduled and unscheduled governmental (OSHA) inspections.
* Ensure employees are well-educated in safe practices and have all the resources necessary to work safely.
- Creates a culture where employees maintain a positive attitude toward safe work practices.
- Conducts new hire orientations.
- Inspects specified areas to ensure the presence of fire prevention equipment, safety equipment, or first-aid supplies.
- Coordinates PPE and monitors employees' use of equipment on job sites.
* Programs and plans risk management compliance on projects with the Project Managers and Superintendents. Ensures that safety goals are achieved on every project.
- Participates in project pre-planning meetings to ensure that safety is part of all work plans.
- Assists with preconstruction safety plans required for our subcontractors.
- Assists in the preparation Job Safety Analysis (JSA) of project specific task, when required.
* Bachelor's degree in HSE/Safety Management, Construction Management or a relevant field with one (1) year of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Five (5) to ten (10) years of safety experience in the civil construction field is strongly desired.
* Three (3) years of safety program management and/or supervisory experience is strongly desired.
* Must have a valid driver's license & ability to meet company's vehicle policy.
* Must have an OSHA 30 certification,
* Must have First Aid/CPR certification or ability to obtain certification,
* OSHA 500 certification is desired
* MSHA certification is desired
* Must pass background and drug testing as required by federal and/or state regulations.