A national engineering team that is well established in the Colorado market is looking for a Roadway Engineer to join their group. The firm is a well-recognized firm, that has great relationships with CDOT, as well as local counties and municipalities. This person will be passionate about supporting the development of transportation design projects and plans. Projects will involve roadway/highway design.
This firm has active backlog of around $2.5 million, and is continuing to win work throughout different regions. The firm offers multiple bonuses throughout the year, as well as competitive pay. They have excellent benefits, and have actively taken care of their employees with a work life balance.
The day to day duties would include:
- Using CDOT and/or local jurisdiction criteria
- Create 3D models of roadways using GEOPAK's Corridor Modeling and/or Open Roads.
- Approach activities with a project mindset, which includes collaboration with different disciplines throughout the project's lifespan; Given an understanding of the project scope and goals, suggest unique solutions to design difficulties.
- Assign, track, and review technician's, designer's, and engineer's activities to ensure project timeliness; QC the finished product.
- Prepare engineering reports and contract documentation for evaluation; perform peer reviews on team work products independently.
Skills and Qualifications:
- BSCE degree with 4+ years of design experience in all aspects of transportation design; or equivalent level of experience
- Colorado PE or EIT
- Strong engineering analysis and judgement
- Experience in managing and organizing multiple tasks and related disciplines