The candidate will be expected to advise, consult and plan small to large, simple to complex, audio-visual projects that include traditional AV systems, public address, conference rooms, command and control centers, digital display systems, dynamic signage hardware, content management systems, and integrations with other data driven systems and peripheral hardware. Typical projects include (but are not limited to):
- Design of a new integrated Emergency Operation Center AV environment for a State Agency
- Consultation and Evaluation of an International Airport Public Address System
- Production of engineering documents for an interactive Digital Signage solution
- Design of new conference room solutions for Department of Defense
The candidate will be expected to design audio-visual projects as mentioned above. The company has engineers who will support cabling, physical infrastructure, networking and other supporting infrastructure, as required on a project. Candidate is expected to demonstrate proficiency with a team's development and preparation of construction drawings and specifications as well as have experience in management, oversight, commissioning, testing, and training for AV systems.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the AV system design and/or consulting from its inception to completion.
- Develop and evaluate AV system concepts and options to determine best design and engineering solution for each project based upon project scope.
- Responsible for producing the design of the AV systems including preparation of all design tasks including equipment selections, systems layouts, block diagrams, and schedules; working with our low voltage and electrical designers to provide power loads and infrastructure requirements.
- Support the development of detailed design drawings, specifications, request for proposals, and bridging documents for bidding and construction.
- Perform systems analysis and prepare reports and studies as well as cost estimates.
- Actively interface and coordinate with hardware and software manufacturers, external clients, consultants, and construction partners.
- Perform construction administration services, commissioning, testing, and training.
- Assist team in achieving project budget and management of resources.
- Provide mentorship for other engineers and designers within the organization.
- CTS, CTS-D, and/or CTS-I certifications or similar industry certification is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience installation of AV systems
- Experience working with architecture, engineering, and construction partners.
- Working knowledge of industry leading hardware manufacturers and software providers
- 3+ years working experience with EASE acoustical modelling software, Autodesk, and MS Office Products.
- Autodesk REVIT experience is a plus
- Ability to self-manage throughout the project and work as part of a team.
- Proven communication, organizational, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Active participation in relevant industry organizations.
Alternatively you can contact me directly - adam.davidson-