REMOTE - PUMP SALES - NATIONALLY RECOGNISED COMPANY
The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) will be responsible for regional sales activities for the companies Fluid Handling business for designated product brand(s) and aftermarket sales. The RSM will maintain / increase sales volume and margin with existing and new accounts. This role is accountable for executing assigned sales goals and sales plans within a designated sales territory. The RSM is responsible for securing sales, directly or via channels, at both the OE (Original Equipment) and AM (Aftermarket) level while building and maintaining effective channel partner and end-customer relationships. Product brands will be designated/assigned by the Director of Sales in accordance with overall Sales strategy.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Maximizes sales revenue of established accounts and targets new business opportunities and new customers by performing direct sales calls to end-users to improve in the development of key personal relationships.
- Interfaces and makes technical presentations and demonstrations to channel partners, engineering firms and customers.
- Performs sales of fluid handling equipment and systems to engineers and end users via a variety of sales channels, including direct sales, independent sales representatives and distributors.
- Completes daily CRM functions for project and sales management in Sales Force to ensure an accurate forecast and pipeline management.
- Owns and tracks all territory activity by working closely with internal teams in bid and proposal process and clearly understands all customer needs and expectations.
- Creates a business plan for the territory and effectively manages the sales pipeline to achieve the annual operating plan.
- Leads the overall development of new business opportunities for Original Equipment (OE) and assists with services and parts through promotion of company products and services in the assigned region.
- Develop and maintain active relationships with buying influences to maintain and grow customer / territory interactions.
- Identify and work with customers to understand and define individual needs
- Responsible for territory/customer forecast, budgets, and cost control via company approved systems, methods, and policies.
- Negotiate orders, (technical, commercial, and legal terms and conditions)
- Conducts seminars, presentations and attends trade shows to generate new sales of OE, services and parts.
- Recommends the selection of new reps and distributors and is responsible for the training, management, stocking levels, installed base and support of existing distributors to meet sales targets and objectives.
- Handles customer and prospect inquiries/leads and provides technical/business support as required, including recommendations on business decisions and initial review of conditions and terms of sale.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS degree in Science, Engineering, Business, or Equivalent Experience
- 3 or more years selling capital equipment (Fluid Handling) into industrial markets. Technical background with a basic understanding of industrial pumps preferred.
- Team oriented and strong communication skills required.