The Project Manager will be responsible for managing transportation design projects in the private and public sectors, soliciting and developing more business for these services, and assist in the mentoring and growth of the Lehigh Valley Office and Mid-Atlantic Highway Design Group and its staff.
- Provide senior-level technical expertise including all aspects of highway/roadway geometric design, pavement evaluation and design, conventional drainage design, stormwater management design, preparation of erosion and sediment control plans, NEPA process coordination, environmental permitting, right-of-way plans, utility coordination and design, preparation of traffic signing and striping plans and traffic control staging plans, cross sections and preparation of final construction plans and specifications.
- Responsible for the technical and overall project management for multiple transportation design projects involving highway widening, intersection/corridor improvements, intersection re-alignments, roadway reconstruction, new highway/roadway alignments, transportation alternative/enhancements and bridge replacement/rehabilitations with quality and profitability, for private and public sector clients.
- Identify, pursue, and obtain new transportation design projects, new clients, and grow the design services and development of the design group staff in the greater Lehigh Valley area and in the Mid-Atlantic region.
- Deliver exceptional and personal service to both private sector and public sector clients.
- Work closely with the Lehigh Valley Office Lead to expand McMahon's presence in the Lehigh Valley and coordinate business development and workload effort with the design group and other service groups in the region.
- The position requires leadership skills, exceptional technical and interpersonal skills, and frequent interaction with both private sector and public sector clients.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Technical proficiency in geometric design, storm water management and conventional drainage design using current standards, specifications and methods for highway, roadway and trail projects.
- Exposure to complex highway design projects a must, with knowledge of structural/bridge design, a plus
- Knowledge of permitting requirements and soil erosion and sediment control standards. Experience with environmental permits.
- Proven successful track record with PennDOT highway design projects, including managing sub-consultants.
- Attend client meetings, presentations and public hearings.
- Capable of training and developing a design staff.
- Experience with design/build projects, a plus.
- Possess outstanding written & verbal communication skills.
- Business development skill and business savvy.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Microstation, a plus.
- Must be proficient in the use of engineering design software, MS Word, MS Excel, and other relevant technical programs.
- The role requires day-to-day management and mentoring of staff engineers.
- BSCE in Civil Engineering with Transportation emphasis
- Currently 10+ years of progressive experience in transportation design
- Pennsylvania P.E. Required