The company is currently seeking a Project Manager focused on growing our industrial water and wastewater work! This includes working with new and existing clients to pursue, manage, and deliver successful projects.
In this position, you will be the main point of contact for planning and design of water and wastewater projects and will assist with business development activities throughout the the companies Industrial Business unit services clients in a variety of industrial sectors including Chemicals, Rubber & Plastics, Petrochemicals, Oil & Gas, Food & Beverage, Mining and Manufacturing.
As a member of this team, you will contribute to the companies mission by:
- Estimates hours, drafts a budget and defines the project understanding to build the scope and contract.
- Builds and manages the Project Plan that includes phases, tasks, timelines, contingencies and description of critical paths.
- Oversees the technical direction and manages resources to meet or exceed the budget and schedule.
- Identifies client needs and meets the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Recommends additional business solutions to meet a client's current and/or future needs.
- Interacts independently with client technical and mid-level staff and supports Senior Project Managers and other senior staff in the execution of client management plans.
- Provides information to help build the proposal. Tracks the release of the RFP from client.
- Meets or exceeds assigned sales targets by successfully pursuing and winning projects from existing clients. Utilizes targeted marketing efforts to win new business.
- May act as pursuit lead for projects and generally supports others in strategic pursuits.
- Identifies the time and resources needed to deliver the project and builds an effective team.
- Manages projects by assigning tasks and closely monitoring progress against task budget and dates. Holds team members accountable for achieving the desired result on a project.
- Uses interpersonal skills to diffuse issues between team members.
- Develops and maintains a Trend Report that clearly identifies issues, expected project impacts and develops solutions to the issue.
- Ensures the client is billed according to the contract schedule.
Minimum Education / Experiance
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in related engineering discipline. Master's degree in civil or environmental engineering is preferred.
- Professionally registered (P.E.) in the state of Texas or the ability to get licensed in Texas within 3 months of employment.
- Excellent communication, networking and team building skills.
- Previous experience working directly with clients
The company offers an excellent compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, PTO, bereavement leave, 401(k) with company matching, long term disability and short-term disability, and paid parental leave. Additionally, offering tuition reimbursement, professional license & registration reimbursement, professional development, employee assistance program and paid time off to volunteer.
The company is proud to be an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.