A top ENR Design-Build Firm is on the hunt for a Project Manager in Atlanta/Nashville/Columbia, SC.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Report directly to Senior Project Manager/Transportation Leader.
- Perform design tasks on various transportation improvement projects related to the field of roadway design including roadway widening, roadways on new location, intersection improvements, bridge replacements, highway interchanges, and pedestrian facilities.
- Develop concept reports, preliminary design documents, right-of way plans, and final construction plans
- Coordinate with internal and external team members during pre-design, design, and construction administration phases of projects.
- Serve as lead roadway design engineer on projects where the capabilities and experience align with the project needs.
- Attend meetings as needed to maintain consistency and knowledge base on assigned projects and as approved by the project manager and/or the operations manager.
- Perform design work utilizing current MicroStation and Geopak software while moving eventually into using OpenRoads Designer software.
- Perform hydrologic analysis, drainage design, and stormwater/erosion control design when qualifications fit the need.
- Perform quality reviews on other design engineers' work, as needed.
- Assist the project manager with some project management tasks as assigned by the project manager with the goal of moving into a project management position with company eventually.
- Assist with training and mentoring the less experienced engineers and designers on the team.