Job Title: Project Finance Associate
Company Summary: This company is a utility solar development platform founded in 2019 and focus on the development and financing of utility-scale solar and storage projects in the United States. Currently, they have 6 GW of pipeline in various stages of development across MISO, PJM, Texas, and the Southeast. Although they are a relatively new company in the solar industry, they have placed 28 projects in-service, totaling 315 MW of solar power generation, and recently completed financing for an additional 315 MW.
The Project Finance Associate will be responsible for:
- Create, analyze, and refine a set of reusable Excel-based project financing model templates that serves our project origination, development, construction, financing, and asset management business.
- Support investor due diligence and provide timely responses to due diligence inquiries
- Assist with the structuring and execution of project finance and corporate transactions
- Analyze and report project profitability and return on investment
- Support the development team by providing advice on anticipated terms of financings and assist in the development, pricing and origination of new renewable energy acquisitions and development projects
- Provide timely ad hoc analysis to support company financial planning and decision-making
The Project Finance Associate should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably with a concentration in finance, economics, or business
- Minimum of 1 - 2 years of project finance experience at a renewable energy company or major financial institution with experience in renewable energy
- Experience in tax equity and/or energy project finance transactions
- Strong work ethic and ability to deliver high-quality results in a fast-paced work environment
- Detail-oriented and organized with superior analytical abilities
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to think creatively to solve complex business and financial problems
- In-depth understanding of finance/valuation concepts and financial statements
- Extensive financial modeling experience
- Advanced MS Excel skills
If interested in the position, please do not hesitate to apply!